Cruz MMA Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, Kick Boxing schedule.
Click to print Cruz MMA schedule
* The times and classes are subjected to change. We welcome drop ins! contact us to inquire.
STUDENTS NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE ACADEMY AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS TIME.
PLEASE NOTE: All belt levels compete together. The academy will be closed for most major holidays and specific competitions. Please check facebook.com/CruzMixedMartialArts for recent updates or email us with questions.
Questions & Answers :
What is Brazilian Jiu jitsu, BJJ? click to learn more. —> Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ)
How long are classes? Classes are 1.5 hour except kids class.
What is the format of the class? Warm up, technique, live sparring/rolling….
What should I bring to my first Martial arts class?
A towel and a enough water to keep hydrated till end of class.
If you already own a martial arts uniform (BJJ GI or Rashguard & Shorts), you can usually wear that.
If you don’t have a uniform, you should wear something like this:
- a close-fitting shirt or a rashguard such as a sports compression shirt
- a sports bra for women
- athletic shorts that with a strong drawstring (not just an elastic waistband) with no pockets or belt loops or workout pants that aren’t stretchy or too loose
- spandex compression shorts under your shorts/pants
- an athletic protective cup and mouthguard if you want
You want an outfit that lets you move freely without being pulled off or torn. This is a very high contact sport.
- Hygiene – Make sure you are clean.
- If you have long hair, put it up in elastic bands or braid it to keep it out of the way. Dreadlocks need to be wrapped up too.
- Clip your toenails and fingernails neatly.
- Take out all of your jewlery or piercings as well.
That should get you through your first class!
Have anyquestions please use our contact page. Thank you.